Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Maternity: Anna

I recently had the pleasure of taking some maternity pictures for a friend of mine (the baby has now arrived, little Merritt Liam, born September 1, and he is flawless!). This photoshoot was good for me in more ways than one. Not only did it provide a chance to spend time with one of my best friends (I was in Anna's wedding, and she was in mine) and her sweet son, Joel, and very accommodating husband, David, but I also got a chance to work on my photography!

I've been recently dabbling around in it a bit more and working on building a portfolio. This was my first time shooting maternity and it was a blast! But it was insanely beneficial for me as well. I had no idea the amount of preparation you have to do before coming to a shoot. Like props, and poses, and bribes for the little one who wants to be doing anything other than pose for the camera (can you blame him?). Suffice it to say, I've lived and learned - and what better way than to do that with a gracious friend?

Thanks, Anna, for your patience during this seven-hour shoot (can't believe I'm admitting that), and your fantastic suggestions and ideas.

Here are some of my favorites, I hope you enjoy them too:


Imagining the countless hours this little one will play on that playground.
Joel was so excited about being a big brother!
Running...
... JUMPING!
Aren't they perfect? 
Listening for the baby... 
Resting on that hot day - he was a trooper! 
Slinging him around!


BABY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Katie Vogel Media

Katie Vogel Media