Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Painting

This morning, Nora and I pulled out the painting supplies. I covered the back of my calendar in card stock, and then placed that on top of her high chair (I wasn't sure if the food coloring would stain her chair, and therefore took the necessary precautions). I used this recipe for the paint.

With only one baby playing with the paint, the recipe was way more than I needed. However, I did save the rest of it in tupperware, hoping to pull it back out in the next few days. But you may want to cut the recipe in half. 

Couple of things: Don't be alarmed when you add the cold water to the cornstarch and it hardens like a rock. As soon as you add the boiling water, it will melt into a really nice texture. 

Ingredients: 
2 cups of cornstarch
4.5 boiling water
1 cup of cold water 
liquid food coloring 

Add the cold water to the cornstarch, and then slowly add the boiling water. Once its fluffy, split it up into several bowls and add some food coloring! Easy peasy!



Nora seemed to enjoy mixing the paint together in the bowl more than painting, but either way, this occupied her attention for about thirty minutes. Pretty good activity, I'd say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Katie Vogel Media

Katie Vogel Media