Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

To say this last month was wild would be a huge understatement...

To begin, our guest bathroom's toilet ran all night long and resulted in rain in our dining room. We had to have the entire bathroom gutted and the ceiling ripped out of the dining room. Unfortunately, those repairs are still not finished because of what else has been going on this past month.

Nora came down with three sicknesses (yes, three--so ready for summer and less germs, can I hear an "amen"?) each about a week or so apart. Two of them were pretty minor, a fever virus and a cold. But the sickness in the middle had us a bit more anxious as her fever reached 104.4 several times. Let's just say that Mama and Nora made several trips to the doctor that week to see what was going on and I now have a very good grasp on how to diagnose when a fever is serious. Praise God for fantastic doctors who don't mind answering a Mama's million questions. But because of all of her illnesses, her sleep routine got way out of whack. So I've been a sleep-walking mom for the past month, trying to drink enough coffee to be able to function throughout the day.

And then, for some positive happenings, my little sister is getting married at the end of this month, so I've been back to my parent's house twice this month for wedding festivities (showers, bridal portrait, etc). Not complaining at all about this excitement, but it has certainly added to the craziness of the month.

Therefore, I have hardly posted anything at all on the blog. I hope to get back into the swing of things starting today! So, for your viewing pleasure, I'm posting a few pictures of my Nora-boo at Easter. Granted, we took these pictures two days before Easter, and such a good-planning mommy I am for doing that because Easter itself was miserably cold and rainy. Yuck.

I will say one thing about this age that Nora is in now (16 months), she does not care to pose for pictures. So I am lucky to catch even one picture of her looking at the camera, much less a smile. She is much more interested in everything around her and even my best attempts (singing at the top of my lungs, jumping around like a crazy person, you know) do nothing for her. Even so, there's nothing wrong with a little cutie dressed in pink on a sunny day. In fact, I'm not sure if it gets any better.









Haha! I think this is my favorite. This is her "Mom, I'm done" look. She was hiding from the camera. :) She puts up with a lot from me and my camera, so I can't complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Katie Vogel Media

Katie Vogel Media